Adult Head Static phantom is designed to be suitable for medical imaging of foreign static objects such as small bone pieces, shrapnel, bullets, and any other metal or non-metal targets. The phantom is designed based on an average anatomy of a human male head, and it is made out of realistic soft and hard tissue-mimicking materials suitable for Ultrasound, MRI, and CT applications.
The phantom consists of the following components:
- Anatomically correct realistic skull
- Realistic brain phantom
- Set of small static objects (bone and metal pieces with the following diameters: 0.5mm, 1mm, 2mm, and 3mm)
Please note: The size and quantity of the foreign objects can be customized as per your requirements.
The above images are obtained from Dynamic head phantom. These are only meant as a reference to the imaging quality of the Skull Phantom. Radiographs obtained from the original product may differ based on the anatomy and features offered.
|Type of the tissue||Sound velocity [m/s]||Density
at 2.25 MHz [dB/cm]
|Cortical bone material used to fabricate the skull bone phantom||3000 ± 30||2.31||N/A||N/A||N/A||6.4 ± 0.3|
|Trabecular bone material used to fabricate the trabecular layer within the bone phantom||2800 ± 50||2.03||N/A||N/A||N/A||21 ± 2|
|Brain matter||1400 ± 10||0.99||20||70||YES||1.0 ± 0.2|
|Skin tissue||1400 ± 10||1.02||60||50||NO||1.7 ± 0.2|
|Thermal properties of bone-mimicking tissue:|
|Thermal Conductivity:||Volumetric Specific Heat Capacity:||Thermal Diffusivity:||Thermal Resistivity:||Specific Heat:||Speed of Sound:|
|0.776 W/ m K||1.040 MJ/ m^3 K||0.746 mm^2/ s||1.289 m K/ W||0.978 J/ g Deg Celsius||3070 m/s|
- Soft tissue and organs: Composition of urethane base soft resin
- Synthetic bones: Patented ceramic-reinforced epoxy-based composite material
Dimensions and Weight of the Phantom:
- Size: 13 x 9 x 12 Inches, Weight: 17 Lbs (approx.).
Dimensions and Weight of the Shipment:
- Size: 23 x 14 x 10 Inches, Weight: 28.6 Lbs (approx.).
- Hard carry case: Included
- Order includes User Manual, customer support, and 2 years of product’s limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
- HS Code: 9023.00.0000
- Country of manufacturing: Canada
- Shipping terms: EXW
- Taxes/Duties: Price does not include Taxes and Duties (if any)