Adult Head (Openable)
The openable head phantom for Ultrasound, MRI and CT was first fabricated based on the unique requirements of IIT Madras in the year 2017. Then later, we improved the accessibility and functionalities of this product with our technology and experience. Different brains can be inserted in and out to serve the purpose of many different research projects. The phantom is suitable for medical imaging applications (both static and dynamic), nuclear medicine and other CT applications. It can also be customized for training medical students and practitioners. We hold the strength and technology to customize them for meeting your needs. If you are research student or a scientist with medical imaging project. This is your optimal choice.
The following are the components of this product:
- Anatomically correct complete openable skull phantom (included)
- Openable Calvaria (included)
- Implementing a surrounding, acoustically correct openable skin-mimicking material to the skull phantom (the phantom will have the appearance of actual human head) (included)
- Anatomically correct brain phantom (optional)
The design of this phantom is based on an average human male head and it is made out of several realistic tissues mimicking materials that are suitable for Ultrasound, MRI and CT applications.
This version can be used if you prefer to have one head but replaceable brains for multiple applications.
Based on the requirements of your project, you can also select any of the following features or a combination of them to be installed inside the optional brain:
- Grey Matter Cerebrum
- White Matter Cerebrum
- Aneurysm/Stenosis feature
- Brain ventricles feature
- Epidural feature
- Tumor feature
- Bifurcation feature
- Blood vessels feature
- Foreign static objects
|Type of the tissue||Sound velocity [m/s]||Density
at 2.25 MHz [dB/cm]
|Cortical bone material used to fabricate the skull bone phantom||3000 ± 30||2.31||N/A||N/A||N/A||6.4 ± 0.3|
|Trabecular bone material used to fabricate the trabecular layer within the bone phantom||2800 ± 50||2.03||N/A||N/A||N/A||21 ± 2|
|Brain matter (optional)||1400 ± 10||0.99||20||70||YES||1.0 ± 0.2|
|Brain white matter (optional)||1400 ± 10||1.01||1.3 ± 0.2||35||60||1.3 ± 0.2|
|Skin tissue||1400 ± 10||1.02||60||50||NO||1.7 ± 0.2|
|Thermal properties of bone-mimicking tissue:|
|Thermal Conductivity:||Volumetric Specific Heat Capacity:||Thermal Diffusivity:||Thermal Resistivity:||Specific Heat:||Speed of Sound:|
|0.776 W/ m K||1.040 MJ/ m^3 K||0.746 mm^2/ s||1.289 m K/ W||0.978 J/ g Deg Celsius||3070 m/s|
|HU Values of the Tissue Mimicking Materials:
|S.No.||Tissue Type||HU Value (average)|
Note: The default appearance of our head phantoms is see-through/amber translucent. Upon special request, we can modify the appearance to skin tone.
- Soft tissue and organs: Composition of urethane base soft resin
- Synthetic bones: Patented ceramic-reinforced epoxy-based composite material
Dimensions and Weight of the Phantom:
- Size: 13 x 9 x 12 Inches, Weight: 17 Lbs (approx.).
Dimensions and Weight of the Shipment:
- Size: 23 x 14 x 10 Inches, Weight: 28.6 Lbs (approx.).
- Hard carry case: Included
- Order includes User Manual, customer support, and 2 years of product’s limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
- HS Code: 9023.00.0000
- Country of manufacturing: Canada
- Shipping terms: EXW
- Taxes/Duties: Price does not include Taxes and Duties (if any)