Adult Head Dynamic phantom is designed to be suitable for medical imaging of blood flow underneath the skull. The phantom is designed based on an average anatomy of a human male head and it is made out of realistic soft and hard tissue-mimicking materials suitable for Ultrasound, MRI, and CT applications.
The phantom consists of the following components:
- Anatomically correct realistic skull
- Realistic brain parenchyma (Gray matter)
- Complex brain vessels incorporated Circle of Willis
– One bifurcation
– One stenosis
– Two aneurysms
– Connecting vessels with the neck
– Plastic connectors
- Implementing a surrounding, acoustically correct skin-mimicking material to the skull phantom (the phantom will have the appearance of an actual human head)
The above images are obtained from an earlier version of Dynamic head phantom. These are only meant as a reference to the imaging quality of this product. Radiographs obtained from the original product may differ based on the anatomy and features offered.
|Type of the tissue||Sound velocity [m/s]||Density
at 2.25 MHz [dB/cm]
|Cortical bone material used to fabricate the skull bone phantom||3000 ± 30||2.31||N/A||N/A||N/A||6.4 ± 0.3|
|Trabecular bone material used to fabricate the trabecular layer within the bone phantom||2800 ± 50||2.03||N/A||N/A||N/A||21 ± 2|
|Brain matter||1400 ± 10||0.99||20||70||YES||1.0 ± 0.2|
|Skin tissue||1400 ± 10||1.02||60||50||NO||1.7 ± 0.2|
|Thermal properties of bone-mimicking tissue:|
|Thermal Conductivity:||Volumetric Specific Heat Capacity:||Thermal Diffusivity:||Thermal Resistivity:||Specific Heat:||Speed of Sound:|
|0.776 W/ m K||1.040 MJ/ m^3 K||0.746 mm^2/ s||1.289 m K/ W||0.978 J/ g Deg Celsius||3070 m/s|
|HU Values of the Tissue Mimicking Materials:
|S.No.||Tissue Type||HU Value (average)|
Note: The default appearance of our head phantoms is see-through/amber translucent. Upon special request, we can modify the appearance to skin tone.
- Soft tissue and organs: Composition of urethane base soft resin
- Synthetic bones: Patented ceramic-reinforced epoxy-based composite material
Dimensions and Weight of the Phantom:
- Size: 13 x 9 x 12 Inches, Weight: 17 Lbs (approx.).
Dimensions and Weight of the Shipment:
- Size: 23 x 14 x 10 Inches, Weight: 28.6 Lbs (approx.).
- Hard carry case: Included
- Order includes User Manual, customer support, and 2 years of product’s limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
- HS Code: 9023.00.0000
- Country of manufacturing: Canada
- Shipping terms: EXW
- Taxes/Duties: Price does not include Taxes and Duties (if any)